Monday, July 21, 2008

Morning Rides

A strange thing has happened over the past few weeks - I've actually become an early morning person when it comes to riding. In fact, I've been on my bike before 6:00 a.m. for 6 of my last 7 rides. Initially, the key for me was to follow the Nike slogan of "Just Do It" before giving myself a chance to think about it too much. But after a few rides I started seeing all the benefits besides beating the summer heat -- the morning fog rising over a meadow, the abundance of wildlife out and about, the lack of cars on the road, the smell of wet pine and dirt, the calm serenity of the morning. The best part, though, is that wonderful feeling of being done with my workout before I used to even start my day.

1 comment:

claudia said...

That's a beautiful picture.