Monday, July 14, 2008

Halfway to Century Day

I just realized that this week I will be exactly halfway to Century Day! I can't believe how fast it's gone. Time to take stock of what I've done in the past 9 weeks:

Total number of miles to date: 530
Longest ride: 50
Hours on the bike: 35.5
Towns ridden through: 14
Number of rides solo: 22
Number of rides with company: 2
Number of times I've forgotten my shoes were clipped to my pedals: 2
Number of dropped waterbottles: 1
Number of cows passed: >10
Number of near misses with a hawk carrying prey: 1

So I was thinking....what would I like to accomplish by Century Day, other than the Century, that is? These three top the list:

Total number of miles: >1,000
Longest ride: 75-80
Number of rides with company: >2

The main goal, of course, remains: Don't be the last one crossing the finish line on Century Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this summary - makes me want to read more about the near-misses with birds of prey!

I was never an early bird before I met Dan, but now I know it is the best time to ride (although alot harder for me on weekends). You also see the best wildlife in the early mornings or in the evenings. One evening I raced a fox along a nice straightaway next to conservation land. I think we both had fun!!!

claudia said...

The dropped water bottle is why I always wear a camelbak, even though that seems unfashionable for road cyclists. I can NEVER replace the water bottle in the cage!

marcia said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa - I can't tell you how impressed I am in reading your blog and all that you have accomplished so far (not to mention that great photography - I've been having visions of your Dad's fantastic work). I'd love to hear about the near miss with the bird. Hopefully you were able to stay upright on your bike. : )

rkbnp said...

wow!! 500 training miles, excellent! i bet you could do your century next week if you had to.
rule of thumb, if you can ride x miles on a training ride, you could ride double that in 1 day on enough rest.
i have to rescind my comment about my younger brother from a few weeks back. how supportive he is! and congrats on the fish....
: )
r