Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What I've been doing instead of biking - Part II

On Halloween night, we had the pleasure of seeing guitar god Warren Haynes play with his band, Gov't Mule in Boston. What does this have to do with biking, you might ask? Well, this would fall into the category of what I've been doing instead of biking. And although I wouldn't normally be out biking in the dark on Halloween night, seeing this unbelievable, almost 4 hour show into the wee hours of the morning did prevent me from getting out on my bike the next day...

As my friends know, I'm a HUGE Warren Haynes fan and think he is one of the best living guitarists out there. I've also had the pleasure and privilege of seeing him 6 times in the past 18 months. Every show is different and Warren and the band never disappoint.

The Boston Orpheum appearance was their second show on their Kinder Revolution fall tour and featured new bassist, Jorgen Carlsson. This particular show was a special treat. The Mule played 26 songs in total and the entire second set was all Pink Floyd covers, complete with light show and sound effects. This was a first ever for the band. They also performed an unbelievable jam of St. Stephen that even the most non-Grateful Dead fan would love.

It takes stamina to watch a show like this - let alone perform it. That's why the next day was spent sleeping late and reveling in the memory of the night before.

1 comment:

claudia said...

There is nothing wrong with a bicycling AND music blog.

;-)