Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Endurance Carryover

Here's a nice thing I just discovered. I think the endurance I gained from biking long distances has now carried over to running.

I tested this theory on Sunday by going out and trying to run the same route I did in my Forrest Gump Moment post. I had thought that run was a total fluke because at about 6 miles, it is 3 times longer than I typically run at any given time. (In fact, for the last few years, my "runs" could more accurately be described as a "run/walks.")

But today I ran the same exact route again without stopping. I even shaved a few minutes off my last time. And I didn't even have anything to run from like I did last weekend (a boatload of work). Granted, I only have two data points to prove this theory but it's looking pretty promising.

Biking and running use such different muscles but it's nice to know that the endurance may have carried over. One more thing for me to add to the growing list of the side benefits of biking.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Data points. You crack me up!