Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ride with the Champions

On Saturday, September 13th, I am going to Ride with the Champions along Massachusetts' scenic North Shore.

Ride with the Champions is a benefit bike ride for Special Olympics athletes in Massachusetts. Participants will join Special Olympics champions and pedal along one of three courses: 62 miles, 20 miles, or 12 miles on the Family Fun Ride. I've chosen to ride the 62 mile course, also known as a metric century, with team Keith Crusaders.

I am doing this because I feel it is important to support the Athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts. Special Olympics provides year-round athletic training and competition to athletes in the state with intellectual disabilities. Athletic training not only builds physical fitness, but also builds confidence and improves the quality of life for SOMA athletes. These athletes are truly brave, and with our help they can succeed on and off the playing field.

If you would like to sponsor me in my fundraising efforts, please click on the above Ride with the Champions icon and you will be brought to my personal web donation page. Together, we can make a difference!

p.s. Check back here after the event for ride pictures and commentary.

No comments: