Friday, September 19, 2008

Pre-Century Metrics

The address for this blog is Novice2Century. 18 weeks ago, I started as a novice rider. And in less than 10 hours, I will ride the Tri-State Seacoast Century, my first 100 mile ride.

Time to take stock of what I've done to prepare:

Total number of miles ridden: 1,170
Longest ride: 83
Average weekly miles: 65
Hours on the bike: 79
Towns ridden through: 26
Number of rides solo: 40
Number of rides with company: 7
Number of times lost: 4
Number of pounds lost: 8
Number of dropped water bottles: 2
Number of dropped water bottles that I immediately ran over: 1
Number of times I've forgotten my shoes were clipped to my pedals: 4
Number of cows, horses, llamas, and the like passed: >150
Number of near misses with a car: 1

Am I ready to ride 100 miles tomorrow?? You bet I'm ready to ride 100 miles tomorrow! Thank you to everyone who has been cheering me on! See you on the other side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck HB!
We're rooting for you.
Ted Erin and Ryan (and Cassaroo, Joey and Jessie)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Good luck today. After all the hard work, make sure to enjoy the ride.

It may not be a race, but don't let yourself feel you could have done it faster. You've put the mileage in the bank...time for a return on investment.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Lisa!
I may not be there to see you, but will surely be rooting for you today.
It's a beautiful day so it should be a fantastic ride for you. I'm looking forward to reading your blog with your thoughts.
Marcia