Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pre-Century Random Thoughts

The century I've been training for the past 18 weeks is only 3 days away!! Thankfully, the weather forecast looks good. Sunny and 66 degrees - perfect biking weather.

The biggest thought that's been looming in the back of my mind - and one I've been in denial about - is this:

What the hell do I do after my century?

And subsequently... what will I blog about?

And further... what comes next? What's the next goal? How much longer can I keep riding into the fall/winter? What do I do to keep in biking shape when the snow and ice come? How will I manage mentally without the meditation and solitude of my solo rides?

I'll have lots to think about during my estimated 7 hour ride on Saturday....

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get the trainer (no, not "Sven). You're too invested to go thru the winter without training.

Or get safety equipment for biking thru the fall in the darkness of the morning. Delay using the trainer as long as possible.