Thursday, June 19, 2008

Follow up

Thanks to a few fellow riders for giving me feedback on my last post. I've been surprised to see riders out their with iPods and usually they're flying on their bikes and seem to know what they are doing. I know adding music would help me push through my ride faster, as it has for running, but I can't get past the safety factor. I have trouble enough hearing when I'm biking depending on how much air is blowing through my helmet. Plus, I like to have a quiet mind when I'm riding. Right before I've headed out for my longer rides I've tried to focus on a few topics that I could think about for those few hours alone. But by the end of the ride, I realize that the only things I've focused on are the road ahead, my surroundings, my breathing and really nothing else in particular. I always seem to arrive home with a clear head and a fresh outlook on life. That's a great feeling!

As for the hills at the end, my goal is to push through them and end strong. I think they are there for me just for that reason.

No comments: