Friday, June 6, 2008

Commute Riding

I didn't get much time to ride this week. Busy at work and busy after. But I did manage to fit in one ride during commuting hours on Tuesday. I rode 18.5 beautiful miles through the neighboring town of Boxford.  My goals - besides not getting hit by cars racing home from work - was to increase my speed and get off the roads before dark.  Thankfully, I accomplished all three. The roads actually quieted down quite a bit once I got in the heart of Boxford, so the ride got less stressful as I went along.  My pace was my best ever - averaging just shy of 16 mph. My first 10 were at 17.5 mph.  This weekend, I'll only be able to fit in one ride which will probably be in the 30-40 mile range.  Next week, my schedule lightens up a bit so I'm going to try to get my butt out there for at least three rides.  I better - my century is only 15 weeks away!

1 comment:

claudia said...

I'm hoping more people will respond to the high gas prices by getting on bicycles because there is safety in numbers.

Have a great weekend!