Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The 200 Mile Mark

I achieved a riding milestone this past weekend. My odometer passed the 200 mile mark! I'll mention that it's at 216 to be exact - since I'm an exact sort of person. I'm feeling good about this since I just bought my bike 4 weeks ago and that tells me I've averaged about 50 miles per week. Not bad for a novice, if I do say so! To date, this has been a totally solo endeavor but I'm looking forward to sharing a few rides with friends in the near future.

I'm really trying to appreciate my surroundings when I'm biking through the more rural areas so I pack my camera on some rides. Here is a sign I passed in Newbury, which I'm sure I would have passed right by if I had been driving. Isn't this cool?? It's historical stuff like this that makes me really love New England.Also, here is a picture of one of the many marshes I biked by the same day. I'm lucky to live so close to such beautiful destinations. Next week, I may head back out to the same area and include parts of Plum Island. The riding conditions have to be better than the heat wave we've been having. We'll see what the weather brings and my body can handle.

2 comments:

TKSolver said...

Don't forget we have a LAX tournamnet Sat Jun 14 and Sun Jun 15 is Dad's day so you will have to work your cycling in after you have completed the 5 step dad's day program. Oh yeah - all of this after staying out Friday nite late at the REM concert......

claudia said...

You, an exact sort of person? Shocking.

;-)

Way to go getting your first 200 miles!