Thursday, May 15, 2008

Taking the plunge...

Okay, this is unchartered territory for me. My friend, Claudia, blogs quite successfully, as you will see if you simply Google 'Claudia'. Claudia's Blog comes up as number 1. Not sure what my plan is here but thought I might give it a try to see what it's like to be a blogger. I've kept diaries and calendars charting my life since I was 10, but I haven't been very successful in the last few years. Maybe this is a better medium.

What to talk about.... Well, one big thing I've just committed to doing is biking my first 'century'. This is a pretty big plan given that I just bought my first new road bike in over 30 years. I think I got my last one when I was 13. Then I got a mountain bike 16 years ago, but I'm pretty much done with biking trails. Riding on the road with it is clunky, as those of you who have done it know. Needless to say, when I got on my road bike for the first time on Sunday (Mother's Day), I felt like I was flying.

Maybe I'll use this blog to chronicle my journey down this new path. I have 18 weeks to train. The Seacoast Century, in Hampton, NH, is supposed to be a good century to start with given that it is flat and very scenic. I sure hope so!
Until next time...

No comments: