Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dog Tired

Sometimes life just gets in the way when it comes to bike riding. Riding usually takes more time than other activities and it can't really be done safely during commuting time. So instead, tonight I opted to take my dog, Cassi, out for an evening walk. When I say "walk", I don't mean stroll. We power walk. I've always been kind of a fast walker, and I was made faster by my Boston commuting days of running to and from my office to catch the train at North Station. I've found it can be quite hazardous at times - especially in the hallways of my current office. So this explains why my dog is passed out on the floor just five minutes after we arrived home. We were power walking. As much as I would have liked to have biked tonight, at least I can say I got my butt out there. And I got my pup dog tired.

This weekend's ride challenge: Learning to keep a steady pace. Also, inspired by my friend Claudia, I'm going to try to replace one car ride errand with a bike ride - perhaps to the bakery or, better yet, the liquor store. :-)

2 comments:

rkbnp said...

great choice, lisa! on the days when you don't ride, cross-training is great!! great choice of a partner, yeah cassie! the other suggestions for off-bike days is weights, especially upper body. helps with bike handling skills.

claudia said...

I totally vote for liquor store. Cross-training is a great idea, and Cassi is an extra special cute exercise buddy.