Friday, May 16, 2008

The Dolce

My friend Claudia, blogger aficionado, has requested a picture of my new bike. So here it is. It is a Specialized Dolce, which is a model specifically designed for women. John, at Buchika's, spent a good hour fitting the bike for me and teaching me all about the gears and other components, sharing his experiences road biking and giving me some good tips about getting started. It fits like a glove now - a far cry from the last road bike I bought. I think I was 13 or 14 at the time. I convinced my dad to buy me a bike because I liked the color, even though it was totally huge for me. My argument was that I'd grow into it. Well, that never happened. So my 5'4" body was stuck for years riding a bike built for someone who is 5'10"! Even though I was initially drawn to the color of the Dolce (black with pink accents and a funky design), I tried to be practical this time,. since I'm pretty sure I won't be growing anymore (and hopefully won't be shrinking soon...)

So the bike comes with this funky 'girl' seat. Cool, don't you think? It's supposed to match a woman's anatomy. Hmmm... I do like it compared to other bike seats, so there must be something there, though my butt still hurts from my first few rides. I'm hoping that will go away with time.

No comments: