Saturday, May 24, 2008

30 Miles!

Today I had my longest ride ever - 30 miles! I planned a 25 mile route but when I was halfway out, I decided to add another small loop since I was feeling so good. I was out two hours so I averaged 15 mph. There was one major killer hill - right before Georgetown Country Club on the way back. OMG - that hill was torture. At some points up I was only going 6 mph. I didn't get off my bike and walk, though! And I was rewarded after by an nice long downhill stretch where I clocked my fastest speed ever - 29.5 mph.

Today I biked through North Andover, Boxford, Georgetown and Byfield. Boxford is beautiful and has many old houses, barns, horses and open land. Here is a cool old cemetery I passed. Graves date back to the 1700s.



When I was out in Byfield, I biked by the field that my kids' lacrosse tournament was at last weekend. There are about 6 fields and it's a great facility. Not much going on there today! Many are at Gillette Stadium watching the NCAA men's lacrosse playoffs, like my hubby and son.

I'm feeling good after my ride - tired but not too bad. I even took my dog for a 1.5 mile power walk tonight to loosen up. I'm so jacked, in fact, that I plan to try 40 on Monday. We'll see!

1 comment:

claudia said...

At this rate, you'll be doing a century ride WAY BEFORE Seacost.

:)