Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I've been doing instead of biking

I've been a slacker these past two weeks. My biking has fallen victim to a busy work schedule and a 4 day mini vacation. I'm also using the excuse that I haven't had the time to buy appropriate fall biking garb and I'm going to freeze my butt off if I go out in shorts.

Biking takes a lot of time. So if I haven't been doing that, what have I been doing?

Well, to return to my earlier music reference and love of great guitar, I actually had the pleasure of meeting one of the greats this past Saturday. Sonny Landreth is one of the best slide guitarists in the world, according to one of my favorite guitarists, Warren Haynes. And here I am with him backstage before the final Jimmy Buffett show of the year at MGM Studios in Vegas. The cool thing was that we actually talked briefly of his performances with Warren, who I will be seeing this weekend as he plays with his band, Gov't Mule.

Also, my husband and I managed this photo opp right in front of Jimmy Buffett's guitars. Can't get much closer than this! I hesitate to say this out loud for fear of offending the parrotheads of the world, but Jimmy Buffett's music isn't something I'm passionate about. His shows are a total blast, though, and you can't beat them for prime people watching. Plus, it's great to see someone doing what they love, having loads of fun and making a gazillion dollars. Everyone should go to at least one Jimmy Buffett show in their lives. There's so much to learn.

So that's a bit of what I've been doing instead of biking lately. In the next few days, I hope to get myself to the bike shop and pick up some colder weather gear and quit being a slacker. Unless, of course, I find another excuse.

3 comments:

claudia said...

You guys look like you are having the best time!

Anonymous said...

At least you have really interesting excuses. Me??? Mine is that I slept in!!

Anonymous said...

Your hair is soooo long Lisa! I just took some pictures of us from Atlanta and Thompson's Island out of a box - pretty funny. One pic in ATL it looks like we're planning a getaway. LOL

Marcia