Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stop and Pause

It doesn't get much better than this. Leaves are peaking in our neck of the woods. And if you don't pay attention, you just might miss it.

Have you done that before? I have. I've love fall and look forward every year to seeing the leaves in all their glory - yellow, orange and red. But then often it seems that the leaves have come, peaked and gone before I've taken the opportunity to really appreciate their beauty.

That could easily be happening to me again this fall, but you see, I have my blog to maintain. I can't just be mindlessly biking along, staring at the road, briefly regarding my surroundings as I ride by. I need to be paying attention and on the lookout for the next photo opportunity for a future blog post. So I look up, pull over and get off my bike when there is something worth appreciating for a few moments.

This has been another unexpected side benefit of my blog and thankfully it is starting to carry over into other aspects of my life. So I try to stop and pause and take a breath. And I'm learning that if I don't pay attention I just might miss my opportunity.

1 comment:

claudia said...

You've indeed discovered one of the secret benefits to blogging -- having to feed the blog results in alot more noticing.