Monday, October 13, 2008

Still Out There

Even though not much action was happening on my blog this past week, I still managed to get out on my bike and log 68 miles. I'm down to shorter rides on the weekends, mostly due to kids' soccer games, shorter days and other commitments. My other main opportunity to ride is during lunch two days per week, but I have to limit my miles to 12-14 so I'm back and showered within the hour.

This past week my longest ride was only 23 miles. I ventured out to the Topsfield Fair and back during a glorious fall day. But what a total mob scene! I was glad to be on my bike and so I could navigate the traffic jam with relative ease. The ride from my house to Topsfield is beautiful and rural with many photo opps. Here is one from a field that I've taken many wildflower pictures of before.The leaves are awesome right now and this is why I live in New England. I hope to get out for many more rides before the spectacular color of fall has passed.

2 comments:

claudia said...

Pretty leaves! Its great that you are enjoying this beautiful fall on your bike. Ride on.

Anonymous said...

A sense of peace came over me when I was thinking of you riding through the glorious foliage we have this year. Your picture was wonderful.
I passed your link on to our 'International Friend Jim'.
Marcia