Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Changing Gears Part 2

Thought I would include some more pictures from my mountain bike ride up north this past weekend. This scenic and secluded spot definitely provided some good blog material!

Here is another view of the dirt road I was on - 9 miles up, 9 miles back.Surprisingly, I spent much of my time dodging butterflies. There were hundreds of them basking in the sun on the road. This was one of the trails I briefly explored during my ride. Even though I had a mountain bike, my days of trail riding are pretty much over so I did this one on foot.
What a great fishing spot this is...Here's one final shot of the river. It's nothing but pure, clear mountain water. Had it been hotter, I would have jumped right in.
That's it for this trip and my mountain bike for now. Back on my road bike tomorrow....

2 comments:

claudia said...

It looks so beautiful up there! I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. That vacation was well-deserved.

Anonymous said...

It is very pretty!!! I'm happy to hear it was fun and a very nice vacation.