Saturday, July 11, 2009

PMC - 3 Weeks and Counting....

I can't believe it. Just three weeks from today I will be in Bourne celebrating after riding the first day of the PMC.

Time has really flown by this biking season though I'm not sure why. The weather has been the pits - long stretches of rain and the coldest temperatures recorded in 103 years. But that hasn't stopped me from getting out there on my bike to train! Well, actually it has at times, but I am making good progress. And just in the past two weeks alone I've managed to get in over 230 miles.

Just back from a 57 mile solo ride up to Newburyport today. Had a quick visit with a friend and made a pit stop at Plum Island to check out the beach. What a gorgeous day.
Somehow on my way home I missed the turn I wanted to take so this added a few extra miles. Getting lost seems to be a theme for me this year. More on that later.

For now, I'm going to put up my weary feet and settle in for a nice glass of wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa - I've been watching the days go by and have been thinking of you and your first PMC. I'm hoping the weather cooperates with you all and you have a great ride. Oh, and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed that glass of wine.

Marcia