Monday, April 20, 2009

PMC Freshman Orientation

Last week I attended the Pan Mass Challenge "Freshman Orientation".  This event was planned for newbies like me to learn all about the PMC.  

Founder Billy Starr kicked off the presentation and was followed by enthusiastic speakers on things like fundraising, training, safety, nutrition, logistics, and anything else you'd want to know if you were doing this event for the first time.  It was very informative and I'm so glad I went.

The highlight of the night for me was seeing the videos about why the PMC was started, why people do it, and the impact it has made in people's lives. I'm not embarrassed to say that I was openly weeping during certain clips.

I knew I was in for a big physical challenge when I signed up for this. I also knew I was supporting a great cause. 

But I had no idea of how being a part of something this big - this huge - might affect me.  I think I got a glimpse of it as I was watching the videos, wiping my eyes.  Now I can't wait to live it.

No comments: