Monday, December 28, 2009

So here it is.... 2 months later...

I've been a total blog slacker. Here it is in late December, over two months since my last post.

What's my excuse for not writing? I guess the only honest answer is that I just didn't feel like it. For some reason, I couldn't get myself to write. I didn't think I had anything worthy to write about. And I'm questioning the whole blog thing - is it too self indulgent? Is it something I can seriously maintain with some regularity?

Such questions. But alas. One truth remains: I like to write.

Who says I always have to write on a regular schedule? Who says I always have to make it interesting? Who says I always have to be articulate? Who says - on some subconscious level - that I need to prove my Ivy League education by creating frequent, creative and insightful missives?

Who says? Well, I guess that would be me. I really need to stop this over-thinking about my under-writing. It's just total brain clutter. And it's not good for my writing.

Enough rambling. Here's some news:

I met my 2000 mile biking goal this season! I barely squeaked in the last 28 miles on Thanksgiving Day and my bike is now safely tucked away for the season.

In the interim, my 13 year old daughter and I joined a gym for the next few months to build our strength before my next biking and her soccer and lacrosse seasons start. So far, it's been really fun mother/daughter time. I've been feeling that good sore when you've really pushed the weight machines.

And surprisingly - and I can't believe I'm saying this out loud - I don't miss my bike at all. Sometimes, you just need a break. Just as I did, apparently, with my writing.

No comments: