Thursday, August 13, 2009

Post PMC Blues...

A funny thing has happened to me since the PMC.

I've been in a bit of a slump with my riding. My energy is low, my speed is not what it should be and my focus is a bit off.

I guess that's only natural in the days following what I would categorize as one of the top 10 most rewarding events of my life to date.

The transition back to the real world after the PMC was interesting. I was on a total high coming off the boat from Provincetown - full of memories, excitement, emotion, pride and physical exhaustion from the event.

That translated the next day to total bike brain fog. I was a complete space shot, unable to concentrate or multitask. That happens when you are in the zone with your riding, though. All that is important is the next 10 feet in front of you.

It took a full 24 hours for the fog to clear and I started feeling back to normal. I had no real physical issues to recover from, only the initial pain of getting the lactic acid out of my legs on my first ride back on my bike.

It was really just the mental recovery that I had to deal with. And that's what's slumping my riding, I'm quite sure.

I'll get my groove back soon, I'm certain. In fact, my husband just told me he was so inspired by my PMC experience that he wants to buy a bike, train with me and do the PMC next year. Now there's motivation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to go to a concert to get those juices flowing again Lisa. ; )

Marcia

claudia said...

I think hubby has a GREAT idea!